In numerology, the number 10 is normally reduced to the number 1 (10 = 1+0 = 1), and the number 1 energies are all about leadership, achieving your goals, being a pioneer, and doing things differently than others. People who have the Life Path 1 are resilient and they are usually the most likely to achieve their goals because even when they fail, they keep getting up and trying again. They know that it’s about perseverance, and trying as many times as needed until they find the one time that it works.
In tarot, both the Aces and the 10s resonate to the number 1 and have similar energies of achieving goals, being pioneers and leaders. One difference for me though, is that the Aces represent those newly initiated into the world while the 10s are those who already have some world experience and are ready to start over and try again, achieve new things. Either way, both the Aces and the 10s in tarot and numerology can help you to achieve your goals.
Achieve Your Goals
With the 10 of Wands
- Keep your destination in mind. Know where you want to go and keep moving towards it. There are times when it’s going to be difficult to see the road in front of you, but it will unfold as you move forward. Just keep taking one small step after another, and you will inevitably reach your destination.
- Persevere. Don’t give up on your dreams. If making your dreams come true is easy, you’re not aiming high enough. Aim higher and further and bigger and better. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
With the 10 of Cups
- Remember your motivations. Sometimes the thing that keeps you going when you encounter difficult challenges on the road to success, is remembering why you are doing it in the first place. Do you want a better life for yourself? For your family? So that your children will have a better and brighter future? Maybe you want to buy that perfect house in that perfect place, where you can make a home for yourself and your family. Maybe you want a peaceful, happy life, full of love and friendships. Find the things that motivate you, and always keep them in mind as you move towards your goals.
- Take breaks for personal time. As you focus on your goals and are driven to achieve them as quickly as possible, remember to take a break every once in a while to spend time with your friends and loved ones. Taking some personal time and spending time with people who love you will help you recharge, and you will have more energy, ideas, and focus when you get back to working on your goals.
With the 10 of Swords
- Don’t overkill. Achieving your goals is often a long-term thing, you need stamina for the long haul or you might have nothing left to pull you over the finish line. Don’t spend 10 hours obsessing on a tiny part of the project trying to get it perfect, when one hour on it is enough to get you to the bigger and more important part of the project. Plan ahead, and use your energy and resources wisely.
- Don’t work with people you don’t trust. In this world of connectivity, who you choose to surround yourself with is key. If you work with someone who has a questionable reputation and a history of not fulfilling business deals, that reputation is going to extend to you when you are unable to fulfill your own promises to your clients. You don’t need to work with people who have back-stabbed you or let you down, be patient and trust that the right partners will come along.
With the 10 of Pentacles
- Let other people help you. Being number 1 doesn’t have to be a lonely experience. Share your vision with your loved ones and people that you trust. Ask for help when you need it. You don’t have to do everything alone; you’ll achieve your goals faster with a team of people you trust, and you’ll find that success tastes sweeter when it’s a shared experience.
- Pay it forward. Share your experiences; the mistakes you made, the lessons you learned, what worked and what didn’t. Become the leader you were meant to be and help others achieve their goals too. You’ll find that the more you pay it forward, the more it comes back to you.
With The Wheel of Fortune
- Take control of the wheel. Remember that your fate is in your hands. It has always been in your hands. There are some who will say success is a matter of luck or fate or destiny, but luck, fate, and destiny can only do so much; they can put you in the right place at the right time, but how you react and what you do is completely up to you.
With the Number 10
- Start over and try again. One of the most important lessons to learn about the number 10 is that it represents starting over, but now you have some experience. Thomas Edison famously said, “I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Number 1 is about new beginnings, but number 10 has already been through a cycle of all the numbers before coming back to the energies of the number 1, which makes it more experienced and yet still ready and willing to go out and tackle new challenges. Start over, try again, and keep trying until you find your way.
Success means different things for different people, and there are many different levels of success, as well as different aspects of your life where you can succeed. It’s an ongoing process and part of it requires learning as you go, so don’t be so hard on yourself. Take the time to explore, experiment, and enjoy the journey. Have fun!
If you would like to learn more about how to use numerology with tarot, please check out the Charting Your Future with Tarot and Numerology course.
Latest posts by Hazellie Wong (see all)
- Social Justice in a Year of 2 – Tarot and Numerology series - February 20, 2018
- Year of the Dog Tarot Spread - February 11, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Path to Happiness Tarot Spread - February 8, 2018