Last year I created the Year of the Monkey Tarot Spread for the Lunar New Year of 2016. This Lunar New Year will be the Year of the Rooster, and in keeping with tradition, I have created a spread to share with you.
The Rooster is known to be a confident leader who stands out and enjoys attention. It is also hardworking, capable, and ambitious. The Year of the Rooster Tarot Spread takes a look at how you can embody the positive traits of the Rooster.
- What does the Year of the Rooster hold for me?
- In what way do I influence others?
- What is the best direction for me to steer towards?
- What strengths do I stand on?
- Which area of my life do I need to work on most?
- In which area of my life do I feel most confident?
- How can I stand out this year?
MY PERSONAL READING
1. What does the Year of the Rooster hold for me?
The Empress – 3
Oh, I love this! The Empress is all about creativity and abundance, and I’m definitely looking to create a lot this year and achieve abundance in all areas of my life. I’m also looking forward to planting some seeds this year, and with all the Empress’ fertility, I’d love to see how they grow.
2. In what way do I influence others?
King of Wands
Taking control of my ideas and bringing them to fruition. When I turn my inspired ideas into concrete creations, I inspire others to do the same as well. In fact, some of my plans this year involve creating things that will bring a positive influence to others. It’s time to turn them into reality.
3. What is the best direction for me to steer towards?
The Moon – 18
This is interesting, because I very recently created a course on Moon Magic Releasing, and I’ve felt the call to create more along these lines. So there you go! Pretty direct instructions for me.
4. What strengths do I stand on?
Ace of Cups
Wow, okay… so here’s the thing; I consider myself pretty strong emotionally. It’s a hard-earned strength, because at one time I was really emotionally weak and it cost me a LOT of pain and suffering. I’ve learned from my mistakes, and now even when other areas of my life aren’t doing well, I always know that I am strong enough to get through them.
5. Which area of my life do I need to work on most?
6 of Cups
Issues from my past and my childhood, apparently. I know I can’t avoid looking at them forever. Besides, I’ve signed up for a couple of personal development courses and groups this year, and part of my personal development would definitely include facing past issues.
6. Which area of my life do I feel most confident?
Page of Wands
This is so accurate! I am extremely confident in my passion and ability to learn new things. I consider myself a lifelong student, and I love learning, so this makes a lot of sense for me. I don’t think that I’m the best student ever, but I do enjoy learning and believe I’m good at it.
7. How can I stand out this year?
5 of Pentacles
Getting out of my comfort zone. I can’t do the same things over and over again, I have to take some risks and try new things that I’ve never done before.
I am always amazed by how accurate the cards are. This reading really resonates for me this year, and although there are some things that scare me; like having to work on past issues, and coming out of my comfort zone, I realize that there’s no better time for working on these things, and the reading is leading me true north.
I would love to hear back from you about how it worked for you if you use it. Please feel free to leave a comment or contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’d like to have me read this spread for you, it is now available for purchase in the shop for a limited time only!
Latest posts by Hazellie Wong (see all)
- Social Justice in a Year of 2 – Tarot and Numerology series - February 20, 2018
- Year of the Dog Tarot Spread - February 11, 2018
- Valentine’s Day Path to Happiness Tarot Spread - February 8, 2018