Card images from the Radiant Rider-Waite Deck © Copyright U.S. Games Systems, Inc.
The Chinese have always looked at the number 8 as a sign of good luck and prosperity. In numerology, the number 8 resonates to the energies of movement, hard work, money, and manifestation. In tarot, we have Strength as the 8th card in the Major Arcana. And in the Minor Arcana, we have the 8s representing movement, like with the 8 of Wands, and money and hard work, like with the 8 of Pentacles.
The 8s in tarot and numerology work very well together for manifestation, and since August also happens to be the 8th month of the year, let’s look at how you can use the 8s in tarot and numerology in practical and effective ways to manifest your desires. This is the time to make things happen!
With the 8 of Wands
- Keep moving. Movement leads to manifestation. Nobody ever got what they wanted by staying still. If you don’t like where you are, keep moving. If you want something, take action towards it. Big dreams can feel intimidating, but break them down into small, manageable baby steps. Even if you go slowly, every little step is a win, and brings you closer to your goal.
- Use momentum to your advantage. Anyone who knows anything about the laws of physics, knows that it’s much easier to keep going when you’ve already built up some speed. If you stop moving, you need more energy to get started again. Setbacks happen and that’s fine, it’s normal and necessary to stop the vehicle occasionally, but when conditions are at their optimum, take advantage of that and gain as much ground as you can. Go full speed ahead and manifest that thing!
With the 8 of Cups
- Dare to want more! I believe that you should always be grateful for what you have, but I also believe that there are no limits to what you can have and achieve. Scarcity is an illusion. The concept that if you have something you are taking it away from someone else, is false. It’s only true because we believe it to be true, and so instead of taking action to create more for everyone, we have created a society that is selfish and self-serving. Here’s a thought one of my teachers shared with me; instead of fighting over who gets the pie, why don’t we work together and manifest a much bigger pie? The bigger the pie, the more there is to go around. The bigger your dream, the bigger the difference you can make in this world.
With the 8 of Swords
- Get some clarity. You cannot manifest what you want if you are blind and unsure about what you really want. You’ll feel stuck and unable to move forward because you can’t see where you want to go. What you need is a little clarity. Visualize! See yourself a year from now, five years from now, or ten years from now. Where are you? What are you doing? Who are you with? Be as specific as you want, the more specific, the better. The clearer this vision is in your mind, the quicker it will manifest for you.
- Free yourself from false beliefs and expectations. If you limit your beliefs about what you can and cannot have, should and shouldn’t do, deserve or don’t deserve, you limit your manifestations as well. Likewise, if you restrict yourself to what other people expect of you or what is socially acceptable, instead of what you really want for yourself, you will never manifest your true desires. Do not let other people put you into their imaginary box of where they think you should be. Do not put yourself in that box. There are no limitations to what you and the Universe can manifest; dream big!
With the 8 of Pentacles
- Do the work! Manifesting your desires doesn’t mean that you leave it all up to the Universe and that you don’t have to do the work. You can dream all you want, but if you don’t take the necessary actions to make your dreams come true, the Universe won’t be able to help you. If it’s something you really want, you will be passionate enough about it to be willing to do the work to make it happen. And when you do, manifestation happens!
- Turn obstacles into opportunities. Things that look difficult on the surface can actually turn out to be blessings in disguise. Look for the opportunities in every challenge. When my husband and I were living in Calgary and just starting out, he was teaching at a music school that suddenly shut down, literally overnight, with zero notice. No one knew it was going to happen; my husband and the other music teachers were shocked, but my husband especially because he had the most students and earned the bulk of his income from there. Some of the students had already paid their tuition fees and were understandably upset when the owner of the school disappeared with the money. My husband and I were at a loss as he was the sole income earner at the time. But after much discussion and many sleepless nights, we decided to register as a home business and continue to teach the students without taking money for the first month from the students who already paid their fees to the runaway owner of the music school. This earned my husband a strong reputation as a responsible teacher and a businessperson with integrity, and we ended up with a good business, loyal customers, and powerful word-of-mouth referrals. We never could’ve manifested this if we didn’t look for the opportunity in what was a very scary situation for us at the time.
With the Number 8
- Write the number 8 on a small piece of paper to manifest more money. Here is an easy one for you after all the work you’ve put in to manifest your desires. Write the number 8 on a piece of paper and put it into your wallet or your purse. Allow the number 8 to be clearly visible when you open your wallet/purse. The number 8 energies attracts money, and the simple act of putting a piece of paper with the number 8 on it in your wallet/purse will help you manifest more money. The Chinese have always believed that the number 8 brings luck and prosperity, so you should totally cash in on that (pun very much intended)!
I hope these 8 ways of working with tarot and numerology will get you started on manifesting your desires! Remember that the whole Universe wants you to achieve your dreams, and magical things can happen when you start moving towards your goal. Good luck and prosperity to you!
Latest posts by Hazellie Wong (see all)
- The Beginner’s Tarot Course – July 2017 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - June 22, 2017
- Speak Your Truth with Passion - April 13, 2017
- Phoenix Rising – Death Brings New Life - April 8, 2017